6 AM Registration
8 AM Practice
10 AM Heats
2017 Ice Race Grand Championship
1. The 2017 AMA Racing Ice Race Grand Championship will be governed by the 2017 AMA Racing Rulebook
2. It is the rider’s responsibility to enter the proper class
3. All riders are eligible to enter a maximum of four (4) classes for the meet (not per day). Youth riders are eligible to enter a maximum of three (3) classes for the meet (not per day).
4. A minimum of five (5) riders in a class is required for a Grand Champion to be declared.
5. Classes with less than five (5) riders will run for meet awards only
6. All studs must meet the guidelines of the 2017 AMA Rulebook
7. If a main event cannot be run, results will be awarded based on heat and/or semi results
8. The machine the rider brings to the starting line for his/her first heat is considered the qualified machine for that class
1. All riders must be a member of the AMA in order to register for the event. AMA One Event passes will be available for support classes only. Participants must have a valid Competition Plus, Competition Standard or Youth membership to race in any of the AMA Grand Championship classes
2. Riders who compete in any “B” class are not eligible to compete in any of the following classes: 450cc (251cc-450cc), Senior 40+, ATV Studded 450cc
3. Professionally licensed riders are NOT permitted to compete for any championship at the AMA Ice Race Grand Championship & are only permitted in any promoter offered exhibition class (eg. Kold Kutter Shoot-Out).
Womans Open 12+ Studded
451cc - Open
Senior 40+ "B"
Super Senior 50+
Light Weight Sidecar - 0-360cc
Heavy Weight Sidecar - 506cc - Open
ATV Studded Production 201cc - Open
ATV Studded 250cc - Open
ATV Studded Vet 35+
Vintage Pre 1980
ATV Non-Studded 450cc Production
Kold Kutter Shootout!! $3000 + 100%
RED CLASSES DENOTES SUPPORT CLASSES. THERE ARE NO AMA AWARDS FOR THOSE CLASSES.
2017 Ice Race Grand Championships
50cc DTX Peewee Shaft (4-8)
50cc DTX Peewee (4-8)
50cc DTX Sr (7-8)
65cc DTX (7-11)
65cc Modified (7-11)
85cc DTX (7-11)
85cc Modified (9-13)
85cc Modified (12-15)
Middle Weight Sidecar - 361cc - 505cc
Non-Studded 250cc Open
Senior 40+ "A"
Vintage Pre 1980 - 4 Valve 500cc Excluded
ATV Non-Studded 250cc - Open
ATV Studded 450cc A
ATV Studded 450cc "B"
Open Sidecar Solo
ATV 90cc (8-15)
ATV Kold Kutter Shootout $1000 Plus %100
2017 Stud and Fender Rules
In motorcycle studded-tire classes, studded tires are permitted, and protective fenders are required. On the front, extending from horizontal line through the front axle center to a line vertical to the fork bottom triple clamp. On the rear, the fender should extent on a horizontal line with the rear axle to a point that does not allow an arm or leg to get between the fender, number plate or rear tire. No guards that allow access to the screws are allowed.
Ice screw specifications: Sheet metal screws with a ¼” hexagonal washer head with no more than one straight screwdriver slot. Overall head height from under washer 3/16” (.1875” + or -.006) Maximum head washer diameter: .350” Screw driver slot not to exceed .085” Screw height not to exceed 3/16” (.1875”+ or -.006) above tire. No added washers. Base of screw must contact rubber of tire. No screw modification from production allowed, such as sharpening etc.Type your paragraph here.
GP 85cc (12-15)
GP 450cc B
GP Veteran 30+
GP Senior 40+
GP Super Senior 50+
GP ATV NON STUDDED 250cc Open
GP ATV Studded 250cc - Open
GP ATV CASH SHOOTOUT $500
GP BIKE CASH SHOOTOUT $500
"B" Classes will recieve Yellow AMA #1 Plates